- type exactly what we want added to the jersey across the top
- spell out in detail all the colors the name and numbers are
- if there is a nameplate (or not) and of what material (as some places will use twill if it is not specified)
- place and crop our sample photos of the back, arms and any patches
- add any notes about the customizing we feel are relevant
And please be reasonable in your expectations. Many times fans nitpick customized jerseys apart for the smallest details. Quite often jerseys made for retail are different shapes than those made for the team and will have slightly less space in a critical area to duplicate placement and spacing exactly as a game worn jersey. Additionally, game worn jerseys are sometimes the most poorly customized examples you can find! We have game used jerseys with the numbers or patches noticeably rotated when they should be level, things hastily sewn down, if sewn at all! It's hard to demand absolute perfection when the real ones used on the ice can often be so full of flaws and errors, so be fair and reasonable in your expectations and demands.